When experiencing a fire or flood, it may be necessary to remove all of the personal contents and furnishings from an office or home in order to prevent additional damage, theft or to facilitate restoration of the building. This process is known as a “pack out.”
Fire and Flood Pack Out Process
ServiceMaster Of Lincoln Park team of highly trained pack out professionals will:
- Document all of the contents and furniture to ensure that they are properly returned to their original location.
- Carefully wrap all furnishings and pack all personal belongings using standard moving boxes and materials to protect the items during both transport and storage.
- Transport the items to a safe location for storage,
which may be done:
- In-house if the loss is small and there is space available within the home or office.
- On-site using a container/Pod if minor water and/or fire damage repairs need to be made to the building.
- Off-site in our secure, climate-controlled warehouse when there is a large amount of structural damage, the property is undergoing reconstruction or when the contents need to be restored and/or repaired.
- Provide the homeowners (or tenants) with a copy of the detailed inventory list. If restoration or repairs are needed, the pack out team will clean, deodorize and make the necessary repairs in order to restore items to their pre-loss condition.
- Items will then be repacked and re wrapped until they’re moved back to their original location.
- When your home or office has been fully restored, all of your pack out belongings will be returned back to their initial location – allowing you to finally get back to normal!
When the unforeseen happens, call ServiceMaster Clean®. Our emergency call center is prepared to handle your call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Call us now!