Chicago Carpet Cleaning & Steam Cleaning Services
The clean you expect. The service you deserve.®
Breathe new life back into your carpets.
No other item in your home absorbs more dirt and debris and can affect the appearance of your home like your carpets. Many carpets available today have been treated with a stain resistant coating. However, even carpets that have been treated are not completely stain proof. ServiceMaster Clean has spent years developing cleaning technologies and methods to remove even the toughest stains, such as wine, pet stains, coffee and ink.
Protect your investment.
We understand that your home is one of your biggest investments. As carpet is a substantial part of that investment, neglect or improper care can lead to matting, fading, fraying and premature and costly replacement. Regular, thorough cleaning by skilled ServiceMaster Clean professionals can extend the life of your carpet investment, maintaining its rich appearance in an affordable and consistent manner. Our research and development team works to ensure that we are using state-of-the-art products and processes to remove stains and reduce soil levels. We work to your specifications and guarantee the job is done right.
Professional carpet cleaning by ServiceMaster Clean helps:
- Eliminate dust mites, allergens and trapped-in soil
- Reduce the spread of germs, bacteria, diseases and mold
- Remove stains and spots already present
- Reduce the effects of wear, especially in high-traffic areas
- Restore the natural, clean appearance and texture of the carpets
- Extend the life of the carpets up to several years
- Protect your carpet investment using Scotchgard™ carpet protector to prevent future spots and spills from settling in
Rethink rented carpet cleaners.
Some homeowners attempt to deep clean their own carpets by using rental equipment. That equipment produces a vastly different result than ServiceMaster Clean carpet cleaning. We have trained technicians that know the exact amount of pressure to use when cleaning, which cleaning products are best for your carpet and how to remove stains, soil and spots without over wetting the carpet or leaving
behind a sticky residue. And the rental machine itself is a one-pass treatment that doesn’t pre-treat spots or rinse with clean water afterward. Homeowners are left with over-wet carpets and detergent residue. ServiceMaster Clean follows a thorough, five-step cleaning process to ensure both dirt and detergent are cleaned from your carpets using high-powered, truck-mounted equipment.
WHAT TO EXPECT: What to expect with our service.
- Step 1: Inspect, with you, the area to be serviced and review of the total cost of the service.
- Step 2: Apply a pre-spray to the carpet and let it dwell for three to five minutes. The pre-spray is a detergent solution that emulsifies (breaks down) the soil embedded in the carpet.
- Step 3: Extract the detergent solution.
- Step 4: Rinse with clear water. This removes any residue that might cause the carpet to re-soil faster allowing for fresh, clean carpets.
- Step 5: Post-treat any spots that might remain.
- Step 6: Inspect the carpets with you to ensure your complete satisfaction.
- Remove breakables from the tops of furniture in the room we will be cleaning.
- Pick up items from the floor, such as rugs, plants, toys, pet beds, etc.
- Pre-vacuum all areas to be cleaned
Note: We will place blocks under lighter items such as end tables, coffee tables, dining room chairs, loveseats, chairs and small sofas. Items we normally clean around instead of moving include beds, armoires, pieces containing china and electronics, exercise equipment and large or heavy sofas.
- Stay off freshly cleaned carpets for at least 8 hours. Walking on them may flatten the fibers. When walking on them for the next 8 hours, wear white cotton socks.
- Use air movers to help air circulation and speed up the drying time.
- If a carpet protector such as Scotchgard was applied, foot traffic should be minimized for up to 24 hours to let product cure.
- Don’t move any furniture back in place until carpet is completely dry or Scotchgard carpet protector has cured.
- If extraction was performed, wait up to two days before placing heavy furniture back onto carpet if not using blocks.
- How can I remove impressions on my carpets that heavy furniture left behind?
Our technical experts at ServiceMaster Clean recommend using a clothes steamer to remove the furniture dents. If you do not have a clothes steamer handy, you can use a kitchen towel and an iron. Place a damp towel over the carpet dent. Heat the iron to a medium heat setting then set the iron on the damp towel. You can use the steam button on the iron periodically. Remove the iron and towel to check the carpet. If it is to your liking, use your fingers to fluff the carpet. If the dent still needs work, place the warm iron on the damp towel and repeat. This process is not suitable for carpets made of olefin fiber.