Water Restoration Services
When you experience a water emergency, it is critical to secure water damage repair services as soon as possible to avoid problems related to standing water or moisture that’s reached deep within your carpet fibers, flooring, walls, and property foundations. The sooner you make contact with a water restoration professional, the fewer long-term issues you will likely experience.
Because water damage restoration is an emergency business, ServiceMaster of Lincoln Park is on call around the clock. In most cases, we can be at your site within two to four hours.
Call Us Today at (773)346-6767
Our trained restoration technicians use advanced procedures and equipment for the highest level of cleaning performance and protection for property and furnishings. Our proprietary methods truly set us apart as the premier water damage repair choice for people and businesses in Chicago, IL and surrounding areas.
A Step-by-Step Guide to Our Water Restoration Operation in Chicago
You should have a thorough understanding of the way ServiceMaster of Lincoln Park operates before calling our team at (773) 346-6767, which is why we outline our step-by-step water restoration process below.
The ServiceMaster of Lincoln Park water recovery process includes:
- Phase 1: Emergency Response
-> Job Site Inspection and Assessment. During the job site inspection, our crew members will be as thorough as possible. We are looking for not only the water damage we can see, but also any damage that might not be immediately visible. For instance, water can sometimes seep into the walls and pour down into other rooms, such as basement areas or even crawl spaces. Our goal is to be very thorough, which helps you avoid problems in the long run.
- Phase 2: Water Removal and Drying
-> Daily Inspection of Job Progress: Every water damage restoration project we handle in the Chicago area is a little different. Some can be dried up very rapidly, but others may take days or more than a week to completely dry. We encourage you to be patient during this time period. We understand how difficult it can be to wait for your home to be clear of any moisture, but it is necessary. If the water restoration process is not completely followed, you will be opening the door to future messes.
- Phase 3: Reinstallation and Cleaning, if necessary
->It is not always necessary to reinstall items or to perform comprehensive cleaning services due to a water restoration project. However, if this is something you need as a homeowner or business owner, we will be happy to help. We can bring your site back to a sanitized condition, which is not only good for the environment, but also for your peace of mind.
Our trained technicians will explain the recovery process and provide a comprehensive water recovery guide outlining the ServiceMaster Restore steps and the homeowner’s responsibilities. If you have questions during any phase of our proven process, please let us know. We want you to feel 100 percent confident in working with ServiceMaster of Lincoln Park as your commercial or residential water restoration services provider and partner.
How to Minimize Damage at Home After a Water Emergency Occurrence
In addition to contacting ServiceMaster of Lincoln Park at (773) 346-6767 as soon as you realize you need water restoration for your home or office, you can take a few steps to make sure that the situation doesn’t worsen before our team arrives.
Follow the steps below to help keep the water damage to a minimum.
What to do:
- Damage from water and bacteria growth can begin within hours. Call for professional help from ServiceMaster of Lincoln Park at (773) 346-6767.
- Keep children and pets away from the area that has been affected by water damage
- Remove as much water as possible by mopping and blotting.
- Remove wet area rugs or other floor coverings not permanently attached. Do not attempt to start removing your wall-to-wall carpet.
- Lift draperies off the floor, loop through a coat hanger and place the hanger on the drapery rod.
- Wipe furniture, prop up wet furniture cushions for even drying and place aluminum foil under furniture legs.
- Move photos, paintings and art objects to a safe, dry location.
- Do not remove books from shelves. Rather pack them tightly to prevent warping of pages until a restoration professional can begin this specialized drying.
- Open drawers, closet and cabinet doors to enhance drying.
- Consider finding another place to sleep during the water restoration process. We know this is tough on families, but depending upon the level of water damage, it may be the healthiest and most practical solution.
- Contact your insurance carrier after you have gotten your emergency under control and make a phone call to ServiceMaster of Lincoln Park. Your homeowners’ or business insurance package may cover some or all of the cost to clean up after water damage.
What not to do:
- Do not enter a room with standing water until electricity has been turned off.
- Do not move any furniture on your own if it is too heavy. Wait for professionals to help.
- Do not spend a lot of time in a water-saturated area without protective gear or a face mask, especially if you know you are allergic to mold.
- Do not use a regular household vacuum to remove water.
- Do not lift tacked-down carpet without professional help.
- Do not use electrical appliances while on wet carpet or flooring.
- Do not disturb visible mold.
- Do not wait for days to do anything and see if the water will just “go away.” It may seem to subside, but it’s usually just being absorbed into your structure, which will cause damage later.
Your Neighbors in Chicago Trust ServiceMaster of Lincoln Park
We consider it a privilege to help everyone in the Chicago area with all their water restoration needs. Our philosophy is to treat your situation like we would for our own family members. We’ll work very hard to reduce the anxiety related to water damage. When you work with our team, you can be sure you’re always getting first-rate water restoration services. This promise is a guarantee we make, and it is why we are known for our expertise and commitment.
Trust ServiceMaster of Lincoln Park for compassionate, professional water restoration, day or night. Make a call to us as soon as you have a water restoration emergency, and we’ll come to you as soon as possible.
ServiceMaster of Lincoln Park in Chicago: Restoring peace of mind.®