What Does a Water Damage Restoration Company Do?
A water damage restoration technician works, usually in connection with a water damage restoration team, to mitigate water damage to your home. If your home is subject to serious water damage, due to burst pipes, flooding, fire-extinguishing water hoses or some other unforeseen catastrophe, it can be a real problem. Your house will be a mess, carpets and furniture can be soaked, and valuables can be damaged, sometimes beyond repair.
A technician from your water-damage restoration company works to dry and remove as much of this water as possible from your home and salvage your possessions to the best of his ability. They are able to do this due to a combination of sophisticated drying equipment provided by the water-damage restoration contractor, combined with expertly trained technicians.
These technicians understand the different types of water damage, such as damage from sanitary water, gray water or black water. They can determine how severe your water damage is, such as damage that only affects part of a room, damage that affects an entire room, damage where ceilings, walls, carpet, and insulation are fully saturated, and specialty drying situations.
Why Do I Need a Water-Damage Restoration Technician?
You can certainly try to clean up water damage without the help of a water damage restoration company, but your best chance of getting your life back to normal as quickly as possible is through hiring water-damage restoration professionals. In addition to saving you a lot of labor and heartache, an experienced, quality water-damage restoration company like ServiceMaster Restore knows the fastest way to effectively dry your home. They can also determine the best way to save salvageable property and how to deal with problems like mold and bacteria.
Where Do I Find a Water-Damage Restoration Technician in Chicago?
If you need water damage restoration, you can contact ServiceMaster Restore right now. ServiceMaster Restore is a trusted water-damage restoration company that offers 24/7 emergency water damage restoration services. ServiceMaster of Lincoln Park Chicago tested and proven water remediation technicians are expert at removing moisture and promoting drying. They offer rapid response, which is critical in cases of water damage, where the difference between salvaging some of your most precious belongings and losing them can be a matter of minutes.
ServiceMaster of Lincoln Park will also work with your insurance company, charging you only for the deductible and billing the insurance company for the rest once you’ve successfully filed your claim. If you’ve been the victim of water damage, contact ServiceMaster of Lincoln Park at 773-346-6767 today.
Typical Services Offered by a Water Restoration Company
The full range of services a water restoration technician provides may include:
- Water extraction: In most flooding situations, standing water is left in a home or other structure, which then soaks into flooring and walls. The first step in most restoration projects is to extract this excess water so more intensive restoration activities can occur.
- Structural drying: After water gets extracted, a water restoration technician will begin the process of drying out the structure. This includes the use of air movers and dehumidifiers to pull remaining water out of flooring, walls, and furniture. Without effective structural drying, the threat of mold growth escalates.
- Floor drying: Flooring is most susceptible to water damage. The best water damage experts are adept at drying out all different types of flooring and various flooring materials, including wood, carpet, and vinyl. In severe flooding cases, flooring may need to get replaced altogether.
- Carpet cleaning: If the carpet can remain in the home after flooding, it must get thoroughly cleaned to ensure there’s no mold or other contaminants. When you find a good option from among local water damage restoration experts, your expert can effectively clean the affected carpet.
- Upholstery cleaning: Furniture located in a flooded area also gets damaged in many cases. Most restoration technicians can help with the cleaning of upholstery in chairs, sofas and other furniture pieces.
- Antimicrobial treatment: Targeted antimicrobial treatments are designed to prevent the growth of bacteria of fungi after flooding has affected an area.
- Mold remediation: In most cases, mold starts to grow within the first two days after a flood. This mold must get professionally removed to prevent its proliferation throughout the flooded area. A water damage restoration technician can stop mold growth and remove the mold entirely.
- Odor removal: One of the most challenging aspects of a flood is the related scent the water damage can leave behind. A restoration technician can help remove the odor effectively, so it makes the home less uncomfortable.
- Stain removal: After serious flooding, you’ll find stains everywhere — on carpet, walls, furniture and more. Water damage experts can help remove these stains and restore the floors, walls, and furniture to their previous conditions.
Of course, this list of tasks water damage restoration technicians can complete is just a sample. The best water damage experts can do whatever it takes to restore your home to its previous condition as quickly as possible. They can even walk into severe flooding situations and quickly develop a plan of action that brings peace of mind and limits disruption.